Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yarn Report -- Week 6

I made a little progress on the Winter Mystery KAL this week -- finished Clue 1 (for the second time) and started Clue 2.


The yarn I ordered for the Central Park Hoodie arrived yesterday. It is a very light worsted; almost more of a dk weight. I was hoping it would be a heavier worsted, but knew that I was taking a chance when I ordered a yarn that I had never seen in person. The CPH pattern calls for a gauge of 17 st/in on a size 8 needle; with this yarn, I got 20 st/in on a size 7 needle. When I checked the stitch count in the pattern, I was pleased to find that if I use the stitch count for the cardigan two sizes larger, then the finished measurements should work out just fine.



Used this Week:               0 skeins
Used since 1/1/14:            3 skeins
Added this Week:             8 skeins
Added since 1/1/14:        18 skeins
Net Used YTD:              15 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment