Saturday, December 21, 2013

Yarn Report

Well, I just bought a bunch of yarn, so my yarn report total is going to go from black to red this week. At least I'll get to start over in the new year!

All of the new yarn does have a purpose, though. My 10-year-old granddaughter asked me to make her a new blanket, since her old one has developed a huge hole, so I bought 8 skeins of Bernat's Cotton-ish for that. The colors are Royal Denim, Seersucker, and Cotton Field. I'm going to crochet the blanket, alternating rows of single crochet and linked double crochet. I'm beginning to think that I should have chosen a worsted weight yarn instead of a dk, though; the blanket will be awfully lightweight. If we weren't currently getting freezing rain that's supposed to be followed later today by snow, I would go look for different yarn. Oh, well.


The other yarn purchase was 6 skeins of Berroco Vintage in the ruby color, for the Vera Sanon Mystery KAL that will start in January. The color is actually more red and less pink than it shows in the picture. I've never used Vintage before, but it has good reviews on Ravelry and Vera herself recommended it, so I'm expecting to like it. I was a little surprised when I received the yarn and saw that I only had 6 skeins; I thought I had ordered 7. Six will leave me about 45 yards short of what the pattern calls for, but I can probably make that up easily by shortening the length of the cardigan if I have to.


Used this Week: 0 skeins
Used since mid-August: 9.4 skeins
Added this Week: 14 skeins
Added since mid-August: 21 skeins
Net Used since mid-August: 11.6 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment