Saturday, December 14, 2013

Yarn Report

I got busy and didn't post last week, so this yarn report will cover two weeks.

I'm still plugging away on Poema, but it sure seems like slow going. I need to get it finished, though, so that I can get full points for Nerd Wars, and also because I've signed up for Vera Sanon's Mystery Cardigan KAL, which will start in the new year. Not to mention that it's cold, and I'd like to wear this sweater!

Meanwhile, Roger wanted a new hat and scarf. I bought two skeins of Loops & Threads Cozy Wool and used the Thorpe pattern to make him a hat. The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn and size 9 needles, but I used super bulky yarn and size 10.5 needles. I followed the instructions for a medium size hat to get a size large.


With the leftover yarn I used the garter stitch pattern from the hat and made him a cowl. Since cold air often triggers asthma-like symptoms for him, he wanted something that he could pull up to filter the air when he's outside. I knit it in the round, casting on 55 stitches with size 15 needles.


After wearing it a few times, though, he said that the cowl stretched out and isn't working as well as he had hoped, so I'm going to redo it. I think I'll make it in a ribbing stitch this time, and use smaller needles. Hmmmm....if I use the same skein twice, do I get to count it twice in the yarn report??

Used this Week: 2 skeins
Used since mid-August: 9.4 skeins
Added this Week: 2 skeins
Added since mid-August: 7 skeins
Net Used since mid-August: 2.4 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment