Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yarn Report


I managed to resist the urge to order yarn last week, and I think doing the yarn report was a major reason. I want my totals to stay in the black! :)

My husband had been wanting some arm-warmers to use when the house is cool in the winter and to cushion his arms when he uses his computer. This gave me the opportunity to use up some of the decades-old acrylic yarn in my stash, since it can be machine washed and dried, and he actually thinks this stuff is soft.

The pattern, All Season Wristers, gives instructions for two sizes, but it calls for fingering yarn and an F hook, so I had to make some adjustments to fit my worsted weight yarn and H hook. I started by following the instructions for the smaller size, except I did sc in the back loop for 4 inches (instead of 2), and went for a total of 6 inches before starting the gusset. I increased to a total of 36 st (instead of 48), then for the thumb opening I sc 14, skipped 8, sc 14. The completed arm-warmers were 11 inches long, and I did not crochet around the thumb opening as called for in the pattern. DH says that they are a perfect fit!



Used this Week: .9 skein
Used since mid-August: 5.1 skeins
Added this Week: 0 skeins
Added since mid-August: 1 skein
Net Used since mid-August: 4.1 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment