Friday, October 11, 2013

Yarn Report

I took some time off from sweater knitting this week to make the Baby Amanda Hat  for a baby shower.

The yarn was stash yarn that I've had for years (decades?); I don’t even remember how long it’s been since Target sold yarn, especially for $.79 a skein. In spite of its age, though, the yarn was soft and fluffy, and unlike most acrylics, it was not harsh on my hands, even after hours of knitting. 

So far, I'm doing pretty well about using from stash and not buying yarn. I may *have* to buy some today, though. After all, it's I Love Yarn day, and Jo-Ann's has Patons Classic Wool DK Superwash on sale for $2.99. I've been wanting to try it, and I could get a sweater quantity for $30. If they weren't out of the color I really want, I wouldn't even be arguing with myself about it. :)


Used this Week: .6 skeins
Used since mid-August: 4.2 skeins
Added this Week: 0 skeins
Added since mid-August: 1 skeins
Net Used since mid-August: 3.2 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment