Saturday, March 15, 2014

Yarn Report -- Week 11

Most of my time this week was spent knitting the Ashley hat. This hat, along with last week's blanket square, are going to the mom of one of my Nerd Wars Team Pineapple members, who will soon be starting chemo. Since she lives in Florida, I used some fingering weight yarn from my stash. Because of the lightweight yarn, the hat took longer to knit than I expected!

The yarn I used was Herschnerr's Afghan Acrylic. I inherited quite a bit of it in 1994, but haven't used much of it because I prefer other fibers. However, even though this yarn is over 20 years old, it is still very soft and doesn't feel too acrylic-y. The current version of this yarn has received some really poor reviews on Ravelry, so I'm glad that I have the old stuff. It's good quality.






Used this Week:         .63 skeins
Used since 1/1/14:     5.31 skeins
Added this Week:     0 skeins
Added since 1/1/14:  19 skeins
Net Used YTD:         13.69 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment