Friday, September 27, 2013

Yarn Report

This week I received my prize yarn from Team Pineapple for Nerd Wars Tournament 8. It's a lovely blue/green sock yarn from Fishknits Shop.


Since the 30-Day Sweater Challenge and Nerd Wars Tournament 9 both start October 1, I've been planning my next project, instead of finishing WIPs or making baby items for the upcoming showers at church. I've finally decided on Pretty Mallory by Vera Sanon for both the Challenge and my Nerd Wars dissertation. It calls for either a sock yarn or sport weight. I've swatched a sock yarn, but the gauge was too far off, and I didn't want to go up a needle size. Next, I swatched a dk weight, but that was just a bit too far off the other way. There is one sport weight in my stash with enough yardage, but I'd really like something that is machine washable. I may be yarn shopping this week.

Used this Week: 0 skeins
Used since mid-August: 3.6 skeins
Added this Week: 1 skeins
Added since mid-August: 1 skeins
Net Used since mid-August : 2.6 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment